Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentine's Day Pins

I made pins for my granddaughters for Valentine's Day. I knew they really liked the fabric I'd used for their pillows so I used that fabric for their pins. It was comparatively easy to make these pins-- I just made large yo-yos and gathered the top into a point, secured it with a button and sewed a pin on the back I tied a ribbon around the button to further accent it a bit. Sent 'em off and they got there in time for the big Day. The girls loved them, even more than the candy I sent :-). This made my day. Here is a picture of the pins, in case you'd like to try them.

Brianna's pin

 

Amber's pin. 
They were fun to make, and done in like a half hour a piece!  



1 comment:

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

These are fab idea for valentine pins Peggy! Love the material, ribbons and buttons you have used.