Saturday, February 20, 2010

Peggy Wickham-- occupation... ARTIST!!

From this day forward, when asked what I do for a living... I have an answer.... I am an ARTIST!!!


I started taking classes in painting in early January. I have always hated watercolor but I have such a good teacher that I LOVE watercolor now. Back in September or October, I'd joined a local group of mixed media artists but because I went to California from November to the end of December, I never met them till today. What a great group! I found that I think the same way as they do- such as seeing an item that most people would just throw away and thinking, "That would be cool as a top layer for such and such," or "I could carve something into that and it would be great to use as a stamp", etc. I realized that I've been an artist for a long time, but never had the nerve or the confidence to call myself that. Now I am going to. I think I will do better art because of it. My mentor (the lady who teaches the watercolor classes) believes I can exhibit my work in the gallery that she exhibits hers in. I cannot tell you how exciting these last few weeks have been for me. Now to coordinate getting the housework done so I can work on my art ;-). I think this truly gives credence to the old saying that if you want something bad enough, and you are willing to work for it, you CAN DO it!!! 

2 comments:

Terry Pitzel said...

Hi Peggy nice blog! I joined your blog. check out my new art for my upcoming show.

Sue said...

Love the paintings Peggy, beautiful art work...love Sue xx