Sunday, November 07, 2010

My October Gallery Paintings

I just realized I never put my October paintings on this blog. So here goes. There were six. My work has been moving toward an Expressionistic style. Good bad, or indifferent, that's what's been in my head lately lol.


"Blizzard of '75"
This first one is called "Blizzard of '75". Some have told me they see a blue dancer in it, but the purpose was to paint something reminiscent of a snow storm.

The next one is

Daisies Looking In


This next one is 
"Windblown"

The inspiration for it was a windy day in the garden when all the colors seem to blur a bit and there is that excited feel in the air.

Carolina Air


This one is Carolina Air, inspired from our days living in North Carolina, although it really reminds me more of South Carolina winters than North Carolina in a way.

"A View From A Southwestern Garden"


This one is "A View From A Southwestern Garden". Inspired by our days living in New Mexico.


"Snowed Last Night"


This final one is "Snowed Last Night"-- I love the way the landscape looks with fresh snow on the ground, especially early in the season, when the snows are light and there are sometimes some of the leaves still on the trees. This is my rendition of one of those mornings when you wake up and the world has been transformed.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

I LOVE this artist :) Very creative and inspirational person, and it shows in her creations :D

Unknown said...

Thank you Sonya. I love you too :-)