Sunday, March 13, 2011

Gift Paintings for Christmas

I just realized I never posted the paintings I did for my family and for friends for Christmas. I was not 100% wild about some of them, but I really liked some of them.The first one was for our oldest son Mike and his wife Sonya. It is called, simply, "Calvary". It is 18x24 inches.


The next I did as a donation for a women's shelter for single pregnant moms, called "Mary's Shelter". They had a silent auction fundraiser. This painting is also 18x24. It's called "Holy Family".



There were things about this one that I liked better and things that I didn't like as much as the original version, shown below:

and to complicate matters further, I did a third version for a friend. This one also had things I liked, and things I didn't, so the stage is set to try again, hopefully to get a painting that I feel does justice to the subject!  My friend went back and forth several times but ended up saying she liked the above one more so this one below is the one that's in my store now.

 I painted elephants for my elephant-loving granddaughter. I was pretty happy with them, but the photo is blurry. I took it in a hurry before packing them up to send off to California in order to get them there in time for Christmas.


I painted turtles for my other granddaughter but was not nearly as happy with them.



and finally, the one I did for our youngest son was kind of bizarre and not something I would normally have chosen to do, except he asked for something "chaotic". This was what I came up with. 

1 comment:

jywheeler said...

I love the paintings.